Wednesday 7 October 2009

A little bit of weight loss?


Not quite there yet, but....

As you can see from the blog, I have emphatically not been dieting in the traditional sense over the last few weeks. True, I've been eating more fruit and veg than previously, and, also true, I've pretty much cut out the crisps and chocolate. But I've been eating loads of meat, fat and eggs (plus too much cheese to be truly paleo!) In fact, I've been eating without restricting the quantities at all, and have been feeling pretty full most of the time.

And guess what? I've lost a bit of weight! I know this using the unarguable "trouser method". I wore the trousers I've got on today on a girls' night out a few weeks ago, before starting paleo. They were uncomfortably tight and led me to feel, frankly, shit about myself all night. And today? They're not quite as loose as they were last Christmas (lowest recent weight) but they are distinctly comfy. Happy days...

Incidentally, it's true that I've been making a bit more of an effort to exercise, and have started swimming twice a week. But I can tell you from loooong experience that that level of additional exercise will make no difference to your weight whatsoever. No, it's down to the meat and veg, man....

ps I should say that I reckon I need to lose about a stone (14lb). But it's always the last stone that's the hardest!

No comments:

Post a Comment