Sunday 27 September 2009

The start of the journey

My husband and I have decided that our family should switch to eating the modern equivalent of the paleolithic diet. This blog will tell the story of how we, and our kids, get on with the change.

A bit about me: I am a 37-year-old physicist and mum of two kids aged 6 and nearly 3. I'm a bit overweight and very concerned about good nutrition. I've tried various different nutritional plans (and notably lost my 2.5 stone baby weight doing Weightwatchers) and recently flirted with the Omega Plan. However chance brought me to Loren Cordain's book "The Paleo Diet" and I was immediately converted.

We started to make the switch over about three weeks ago. I'll be posting details of what we eat, how we are getting on with switching over, how the kids get on with it etc. I'll also be talking more generally about Paleo and other ideas about nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment