Tuesday 29 September 2009

Let the sun shine in

I cycled in to work today - I do it once a week, about 35 mins each way. I have to cycle very, very slowly because there are no ladies showers in the physics dept so I have to make sure I don't break a sweat! Today it was a bit embarrassing because a runner overtook me...

Am trying to get outside more to boost my Vit D production - apparently it's a good way to ward off the Swine Flu. Used a handy calculator: http://nadir.nilu.no/~olaeng/fastrt/VitD-ez_quartMED.html to work out how much I need to be outside at this time of year in cloudy Lancaster, and it's about two hours a day. That's fine when I'm looking after the kids - then it feels natural to hang around in the park for ages - but might be harder when I'm by myself and especially when at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment