Thursday 15 October 2009

If I knew you were coming, I would definitely bake a cake


My mum is coming for a visit tomorrow. I haven't told her yet about paleo - I might just present her with a plate of food without carbs and see if she notices.

Anyway, in my family, if you want to show hospitality, you bake a cake, and that's a habit I'm not ready to break. In general I'm not keen on paleo food that pretends to be 'normal' food, but I'll make an exception for my mum visiting.

Fortunately, I know that you can make great cakes with ground almonds instead of flour. Didn't want to use lots of sugar, so I'm making this banana cake: http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/Super-Moist-Banana-&-Almond-Cake/7735/ which just has 50g and is mainly sweetened with bananas. Depending on how it turns out, I might try it without the sugar next time.

Anyhow, it's in the oven. The picture above shows what it's supposed to look like. I'll let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment